Monday, April 21, 2014

1 Day To Launch: A Student's Story


It is two days before our big departure for Washington D.C., and I am extremely excited. I have just finished my last minute shopping, and now all I have left to do is pack. However, being the teenage girl I am, this task will probably be the hardest part of this entire process. Despite being to lazy to start packing for the trip, I honestly can't wait to get this show on the road. My friends and I have literally been counting down the days since about two weeks ago, when it finally hit us that we would be visiting our nations capital for spring break. This trip has been the topic of conversation for months now, and the fact that it is a mere two days away, I cannot even put into words the excitement I am currently feeling.

What I am most excited about for this trip is getting to spend time with my friends and getting to know the girls from other classes. I have gone to D.C. once before, for a leadership program in 6th grade, but I was on my own and too nervous and shy to properly enjoy anything. Now that I have grown up and am traveling with members of the Sacred Heart familia, I know that this time around, the experience will be that much more enjoyable. I am also thrilled to go site seeing and visit all of the iconic monuments. I am especially excited to see the Abraham Lincoln Monument because I find the architecture of it so grand and beautiful. It is definitely the perfect place for a photo opp. The only things that I am not so excited for are the early mornings and cold weather. However, with some coffee and a big cozy jacket, I think I can manage.

Ahhhh even just writing this pre-trip blog is getting me excited! As you can probably tell, I clearly have Washington D.C. on the brain. My expectations may be really high for this trip, but with the awesome group we have and the extremely cool teachers who will be guiding us on our adventure, I can almost guarantee this trip will be nothing less than extraordinary. Well I am off to go pack. I hope you all have a blessed Easter and incredible rest of spring break!

Washington D.C. get ready because Sacred Heart is coming your way!

-Athena Martinez (Sacred Heart Senior, class Vice President, future journalist, One Direction and Pop Culture enthusiast)

1 comment:

  1. I think every American should visit Washington. It's truly awe inspiring.
    Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete